Sweet drinks don’t often appeal to me, but every once in awhile I’ll indulge in a sweet dessert cocktail. This is my twist on the white Russian and what I love about it is the harmony of spice, cream, and sweet. I prefer to make this with homemade chai concentrate and heavy cream. (Recipe here!)
The homemade chai is not only fresh, but gives me the ability to control the amount of spices and sugar. Don’t be intimidated by making the chai yourself. If you can boil water, you can make great chai, and you can also use it to make standard non-alcoholic chai.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces chai concentrate (fresh preferred; recipe here)
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- ¾ ounce heavy cream
- ground nutmeg (optional garnish)
- Fill rocks glass with ice.
- Add vodka, chai concentrate, then simple syrup.
- Stir until chilled.
- Float heavy cream on top and serve with a cocktail straw for stirring.