Post from RICOH THETA. #theta360 - Spherical Image - RICOH THETA
with their bartender, Blake, about a his latest cocktail, the Normandy to New Orleans. I recorded this casual conversation on a Saturday afternoon after he had just opened the bar, with hopes that it would allow you the reader to feel as if you were sitting there too. The 360° video below is casual and conversational. We shot it in one take because I wanted it to be authentic rather than polished. This is going to be a recurring feature, and I’d love some feedback to aid in the evolution of using this medium to share the same information.
One final note is that due to it being so new, 360° video can at times be finicky. YouTube video quality will vary based on your connection speed. Just click and drag on the video frame to look around the video as it plays. On mobile, you’ll want to make sure the video launches in the YouTube app. You can touch and drag with your finger or physically move your device around the scene. I’m looking forward to hearing your feedback on this, and would love to take requests.
I’ve also included a text version of the recipe for the Normandy to New Orleans below.
- 1 sugar cube
- 6-7 dashes orange bitters
- 2 ounces calvados (apple brandy)
- Oloroso sherry (rinse)
- Place the sugar cube in the bottom of a mixing glass and douse with 6-7 dashes of orange bitters.
- Begin to dissolve the sugar cube by crushing it with a muddler or the back of a mixing spoon.
- Add calvados and continue stirring until dissolved, then add ice and stir until chilled.
- Add Oloroso sherry to a chilled serving glass, swirl, then discard.
- Strain into the chilled glass and garnish with an orange peel.