Today is National Mojito Day, and to switch it up from the standard mojito I used tarragon in lieu of mint. The bitter citrus profile of the grapefruit is perfectly cut by the black licorice notes of the fresh tarragon. To top it off, I got creative and made a flower garnish with grapefruit peel and a sprig of tarragon. This is a perfect refreshing cocktail that isn’t overly sweet or citrusy. It’s an easy sipper that is sure to please.
- 3 ounces white rum
- 1.5 ounce simple syrup
- 1.25 ounces grapefruit juice
- 12 tarragon leaves (fresh)
- Pinch of salt
- In a shaker, muddle tarragon leaves with a dash of the simple syrup.
- Add ice, remaining simple syrup, rum, and grapefruit juice.
- Shake until chilled and double strain into a Collins glass filled with ice.